A look into the daily agenda of the average American.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Jamaican Style Banana Fritters

This meal is simple and quick, so let's not waste any more time.  I halved this recipe since I was only cooking for two...

Ingredients

  • 6 ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions

In a large bowl, mash the bananas and blend in the eggs. Stir in the flour. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Drop spoonfuls (2 to 3 inches in diameter) of the batter into the hot oil. Reduce the heat to medium. When bubbles begin to appear, turn and cook the other side until golden brown. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up, keeping the cooked fritters in a warm oven. Serve them with maple syrup or honey.
 
 


 
The warm gooey banana fritters needed something,
so I added some delicious crunchy cashews.
I also had some maple syrup which I had to add. 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
Of course, I got this recipe from my mentor. Check out her site ;) http://www.marthastewart.com/349036/banana-fritters
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment