A look into the daily agenda of the average American.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Origami Chocolate Gift Box

This is the origami 'box within a box'.  I talked briefly about origami and an amazing website to use with detailed instructions in a previous post.  Here is the link to the instructions for this box... http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-box-in-a-box.html
Ater folding the box from a 12" x 12" paper (I used scrapbook sheets), I then lined it with two strips of wax paper.  The wax paper was cut to be as wide at the inner box.  The wax paper serves several uses.  First, it protects the paper from getting stains.  Second, it fills the space in above the truffles keeping them in place when transporting them.  Finally, it will keep the chocolates from drying out to quickly, so they can be enjoyed longer (if you don't eat em all in one sitting). 
Place your chocolates in the inner box.  Now just embellish and tie up your box to keep the chocolates inside!  I found these free printable Halloween lables on Pinterest, but I think I will actually be giving these away for Christmas this year. 
Remember, there are many other boxes on the origami website you can try out, I just liked this one alot.  Please be creative and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment