A look into the daily agenda of the average American.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Learn Origami (or any new hobby)

     Do you have a hobby?  Some people are really into theirs, while others just sit around and watch TV during free time.  Although watching TV is argued to be a hobby too, I tend to think of my hobbies as hands on activities.  My hobbies involve using both mental and physical abilities, like gardening, cooking, and crafting.  Hobby's can often be done while watching TV, although I prefer my music for better relaxation and focus. 

     At an after Christmas sale this past year I purchased a book on origami for about $5, which included about 50 sheets of origami paper.  After finishing the book, I put origami aside for several months.  I was busy working and gardening and didn't have much time for my origami.  Then, one day last month I purchased actual origami rice paper from Michael's craft store.  The papers were beautiful prints of cherry blossoms, lotus flowers, bamboo, and other fun Japanese designs. 

  So, I had the paper but didn't have any idea where to start, which prompted a google search.  The next thing I found changed my origami ability forever!  http://www.origami-instructions.com/index.html  This website will give you detailed instructions on how to make simple to very complex origami.  Check it out, and try a new hobby today.  Don't worry if you don't like it, pick something else, just give it a fair try.    
Here are just a few of the items I made in just a few sittings. 
Paper cranes, box with divider, standing container, and fortune teller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment